WISE is a not for profit, community interest company whose purpose is gender balance across the UK STEM industry. WISE is a membership organisation which generates its own income through B2B products and services to an increasing number of members and commercial clients. The Business Development Manager is a fantastic opportunity to work in a high-profile national organisation where you can make a difference to society.
The Business Development Manager will proactively sell WISE membership and services to ensure new business targets are achieved. The Business Development Manager will identify opportunities to sell WISE membership and services and convert these to new sales. The role will achieve new business revenue targets – including strategic partnerships, research and events sponsorship – through proactive direct selling, proposal writing and tenders.
As Business Development Manager you will be responsible for proactively identifying sales opportunities which will drive revenue and increase the numbers of new members each year. You will work closely with the Marketing Manager to support lead generation activities and convert warm leads to sales. You will work closely with the Development Team to understand products and services to sell as part of new business bids and produce proposals. You will work closely with the Relationship Managers and to handover new members for onboarding.
5% pension contribution for eligible employees.
London weighting of £2,500 where applicable.
Place of work will be home-based with flexibility to attend meetings and events off-site as required. Home-based workers need to ensure they have a safe and reasonable space, security and privacy in which to work, and an internet connection able to adequately support work systems.
The post is full-time at 37 hours per week. Part-time working of no less than 30 hours may be considered.
Hours of work will be Monday to Friday office hours.
25 days holiday per annum plus bank holidays
The role will be subject to a 6-month probationary period.
- Identify and drive new business opportunities with new-to-WISE organisations across C-level stakeholders.
- Identify and drive new sponsorship opportunities from research/events for WISE.
- Convert viable prospects into active members owning the full sales conversation and negotiation, through to the transition of new clients to the relationship management team.
- Continually build an encouraging pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against your sales metrics ensuring KPI’s are met.
- Deliver £TBD per annum of new member revenue across your assigned prospect pool.
- Exercise forecast accuracy on a monthly/quarterly/quarterly basis.
- Write proposals and tenders as required.
- Work closely with the Marketing team to support lead generation activities and convert warm leads to sales.
- Keeping accurate records of leads, prospects and sales actions on our database and file sharing systems.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as required.
Successful track record in:
- Proven experience of proactively selling services to corporate clients
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets in a business development / new business environment
- Experience of commercial business environments, membership organisations or another relevant sector
- Proven ability to precisely manage and forecast a complex sales process
- STEM, or related sector, knowledge
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with ability to engage a range of audiences
- Excellent presentation skills
- Confidence in dealing with people from all backgrounds and all walks of life/business
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Positive relationship building with clients, colleagues and external partners to leverage results
- Accurate and efficient record keeping
- Able to use their initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Convincing advocate of gender equality in STEM
- Personal and professional integrity
- Energy-giving, motivational
- Collaborative style
- Enthusiasm for, and understanding of, the WISE cause
- Willingness to travel around the UK as required (less than 20% of time)
Response instructions for WISE jobs applications
Please send an up to date CV and supporting letter of no longer than 2 sides of A4 with examples demonstrating a successful track record of achievement in a similar role, outlining why you are interested in this role and contact details for two referees to email@example.com
For an informal discussion about the role please contact the WISE head office on 0345 527 0889 to arrange a time to speak to the Head of Business Development.
Applicants who have been shortlisted will be notified by 22nd February. Unfortunately, we will not be able to inform applicants if they have been unsuccessful. If you have not been contacted by this date please assume you have been unsuccessful.