Part Time 12 hours a week - Initially for 6 months
Salary £18200 pro rata
Closing Date 6pm Friday 31st July
The purpose of this post is to assist Community Buildings nationally who are supported by Community Matters to become more effectively managed, and responsive to the needs of the communities they serve. The post-holder will build the capacity of the organisations by providing advice, guidance, information and support; assisting them to comply with all relevant legislation; and proactively enabling them to meet the current and future needs of their communities.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Providing advice, guidance and support
- To help meet the legislative needs of Community Buildings for advice, information and support on a range of issues such as:
- To help meet the best practice needs of Community Buildings for advice, information and support on a range of issues
- To assist groups in the preparation of grant applications. The postholder will be expected to signpost groups to appropriate assistance, and quickly develop his/her own capabilities to provide this support directly.
- d) To respond to a range of questions and queries of concern to community buildings
- To proactively support community buildings in the areas identified above.
- To assist in identifying and developing new uses for the community buildings.
- To promote best practice to community buildings, and encourage committees to adopt a nationally recognised quality improvement scheme.
- When necessary, arrange training courses, workshops or briefing events on specific subjects.
- To contribute to the development of new ideas, initiatives and funding applications.
- To ensure that strong and effective links are built and maintained with statutory authorities, , colleagues around the country, and other relevant bodies.
- To ensure that the needs of community buildings are represented and communicated to statutory authorities at local, district and national levels.