Community Engagement & Events Coordinator (Freelance)
Salary £13 per hour
Hours Part time post 25 hours per week (worked over 3 to 4 days).
Days and times worked can be negotiated, but start and end dates of the contract are non-negotiable.
Contract Date Fixed term contract 1st September 2021 to 31st December 2021.
Employer Freelance contractor.
Responsible to Oblong peer management team and Board of Trustees
Responsible for Delivery of Community Care Hubs project.
Based at Woodhouse Community Centre, 197 Woodhouse Street, Leeds, LS6 2NY.
What a Community Engagement & Events Coordinator does
Our Community Engagement & Events Coordinator manages all elements of volunteering, assessing and meeting both the needs of volunteers, the community
members that are being supported by them and the organisation. They are responsible for the recruitment, training, support and retention of volunteers. They
manage volunteers and their relationships with those they come into contact with, including staff, stakeholders and users of Woodhouse Community Centre. They
are committed to working with the local community and volunteers to help achieve their full potential and to meet the needs of the Community Care Project.
To develop and deliver Community Care Project, maintaining high quality experiences that meet the needs of the local community.
● Manage projects as agreed coordinate, deliver, and provide monitoring information for the project in line with targets
● Provide supervision, support, and access to training for volunteers
● To work with the local community and community networks to meet the needs of the community.
● Provide development and empowerment opportunities to local community members which improve their mental and physical wellbeing
● Recruitment and induction of Oblong volunteers
● Meet/Communicate regularly with volunteers to provide supervision, support & guidance
● Work with volunteers to support the development of volunteer and community-led project
● Work with partners to provide additional opportunities for support
● Work with other Oblong staff to meet the needs of the project and the community
● To recruit, support and work with group and activity workers to provide classes, groups and sessions that meet the community needs.
● To listen to and find out the needs of the Woodhouse & Little London communities at the start of the project, and throughout, via phone calls, emails, texts, focus groups and door knocking
● To run community networking, empowerment, and development activities.
● To signpost people to additional support that they may need, or benefit from.
● To engage with and create meaningful and long lasting connections with people Oblong has been supporting over the pandemic, and those in the local community
● To market and publicise events and volunteer roles relevant to project delivery
● To support residents to lead on community projects and the development and delivery of new groups, services, or activities, to meet local needs, or improve services in the community
● To plan and deliver creative and engaging consultation events and activities, to understand and gather information from a diverse range of people on local needs and issues
● Liaise with all stakeholders including local schools, councillors, faith groups, other community and voluntary groups and local businesses to ensure their skills, knowledge and ability to connect and support local people is fully utilised.
● Gather data and information continuously and comprehensively from multiple sources, utilising a variety of methods to accurately inform report writing, capture case studies and support future funding bids.
● To support the work of other members of Oblong when necessary for the good of the organisation and the communities of Woodhouse & Little London
● Participate in regular supervision and appraisal meetings with the Oblong staff.
● Participate in any internal / external meetings as required
● Providing COVID related support based on specific eligibility.
How to apply
To ownload full details of the role please go here
To download an applictaion form please go here
Please complete the application form and return via email to email@example.com.
The closing date for this role is Sunday 8th August 2021 23:59.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday 18th August 2021.