Role: ShopAssist Coordinator
Responsible to: Manager, Ilkley & District Good Neighbours
Time commitment: 17 hours per week
Salary: Salary £21,589 per annum pro rata - Band 7 SCP 12 local authority scale.
Holiday entitlement: 95 hours including bank holidays
Please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 18th September 2020
Overall aims of the role:
The post holder is responsible for coordinating the ShopAssist scheme for the charity Ilkley & District Good Neighbours (IDGN).
The ShopAssist scheme covers the Ilkley, Burley, Menston and Addingham district providing isolated older people with accompanied shopping trips every one or two weeks. Volunteers are trained and then matched to clients, usually one volunteer per client. Many potential clients are referred to the scheme by local services such as the hospital or social services.
During the coronavirus pandemic the service was adapted to be “Shop and Drop”. The service will need to be adapted depending on the current situation. There are also opportunities to expand into online shopping support and/or a “shoppers bus”.
The ShopAssist scheme helps to enhance the mental and physical health of the elderly and vulnerable by enabling people to get out of their homes on a regular basis and facilitating access to a range of healthy foods. The scheme also helps older people to continue living at home.
- To liaise with and support existing volunteers and clients.
- To take client referrals, visit prospective clients and assess their needs.
- To recruit volunteers using advertising, using partners. Ilkley Chat etc; and to provide them with induction, supervision, on-going training and support and to provide badges and parking notices.
- To liaise with IDGN on car insurance for volunteers.
- To initiate Disclosure and Barring Service checks for new volunteers using IDGN procedures. To assist with updating DBS records as required by IDGN.
- To follow good practice in involving volunteers as laid down in IDGN guidelines and to ensure compliance with all IDGN policies including health and safety and confidentiality.
- To match volunteers with clients
- To keep a database of clients and volunteers, a contact record, a log of any problems encountered and their solutions and to undertake any other necessary administration.
- To provide information to enable a detailed financial record of expenditure and keep receipts. To check the record prepared by the treasurer for accuracy.
- To coordinate, develop and extend the Ilkley and District Good Neighbours ShopAssist scheme for the Ilkley, Burley, Menston and Addingham area.
- To respond to changes required by the coronavirus pandemic and other changes
- To co-operate with the organisation of publicity i.e. posters, leaflets, social media, local radio etc.
- To undertake suitable training with the agreement of the Line Manager
- To work according to best practice principles regarding equal opportunities and participate as a member of the IDGN team.
The post holder will report to the Manager of the charity and ultimately to the IDGN committee and the IDGN Chair. There will be monthly informal reviews with the manager and a formal annual review.
Admin support will be available from the CABAD office volunteers.
Terms and conditions (summary)
- 17 hours per week with 95 hours holiday (including bank holidays). Some evening or weekend work may be required, for which time off in lieu is given if pre-agreed with line manager. The post is until 31st March 2022, with a 6 month probation period.
- Salary £21,589 per annum pro rata - Band 7 SCP 12 local authority scale. A contribution will be made to a pension after a satisfactory 6 month probationary period.
- Travel expenses incurred during working hours will be reimbursed.
- Based at IDGN, Riddings Hall, Riddings Road, Ilkley LS29 9LU, with some home working (remote during coronavirus pandemic)
- The post holder must have necessary DBS check initiated by IDGN.