Specialist Autism Services are looking for committed and enthusiastic Skills Mentors (Support Workers) to work at our Leeds site.
Specialist Autism Services provides a unique blend of education and care. We deliver a strengths-based autism specific personalised learning programme, to develop social, communication and employment skills which empower our members to engage with new opportunities, make informed choices, achieve their goals, maximising independence and inclusion.
We run a structured programme of daily social skills workshops to provide opportunities for individuals with an ASC to develop social skills in a non-pressured and engaging environment. Successful applicants will become highly trained staff and support our members through their autism-specific learning programme, you will support members to build confidence, increase independence, form relationships and develop practical skills, whilst also having fun.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Autism Spectrum Conditions
- Experience of working or supporting in a care setting
- Able to work on own initiative and as an equal member of a team
- Good IT skills across a wide range of programmes/systems
To Make an Application:
- CVs will not be accepted
- Download and application form from www.specialistautismservices.org/careers
- Please email your completed application form in word format (as an attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications sent in any other format or via any other route/email address will not be accepted
- We will contact candidates for interview by email
- Please note it is not possible for us to give feedback to non- shortlisted applicants